At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best talents to join us on our journey.
As an Android developer, you will join Viaplay with the mission to further develop and maintain our mobile apps, keep them best-in-class and the main entry point to Viaplay. You’ll be involved in the whole development lifecycle (definition, development, maintenance, etc.) and everyday work will consist of development, design, complexity assessment, test and deployment and much more. We clearly believe that being on the edge of things when it comes to technology is crucial, always keeping ourselves up to date and constantly questioning the status quo.
You will join a cross-functional team (client and backend development, UI/UX, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse!
The journey ahead
In the last year, we have brought Viaplay to Iceland, the Baltics, Poland, the US and will go live in the Netherlands and UK in 2022. By the end of 2023, we will be live in 16 countries.
Some of your daily tasks will include - but not be limited to:
- Running and taking ownership of technical design, complexity assessment, development, test and deployment
- Collaboration with other teams in an exciting and agile development process
- Working with video-oriented content and video player
- Have contact with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and how we as a team can support them in the best way possible
- Improving our product iterations based on consumer feedback and behavior data.
What we are looking for
To be our next colleague, we believe you are currently working as an Android Developer with several years of experience of building native mobile apps. If you are excited about great audio- and video quality – and want to bring that to our millions of customers – this is the role you.
Ideal candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Solid experience solving complex problems on Android platforms.
- Experience from building apps that are live on Google Play.
- Experience with modern Android development (Kotlin, Jetpack libraries)
- Commitment to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices.
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Commitment to CI, automation and other efficient workflow-oriented practices.
- Experience working with Android TV or the Leanback library.
- Experience from media, streaming or advertisement.
What we offer you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- A hybrid and flexible work model to make it able to work part-time remotely.
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, pair programming and mob programming.
- An innovative environment with hackdays two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Hit Play on your career!
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Hanan Nur.
Viaplay AB (publ.) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay AB (publ.) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’).