Would you like to be part of building the most sought-after streaming service in the Nordics – with the ambition to become the European streaming challenger? Launching our fantastic product in new markets is a Viaplay Group corporate strategy and a top priority. We are now looking for Senior iOS Developers to enable us to grow the platform, enhance our user experience and create the next generation of streaming services. Are you our next colleague?
At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best talents to join us on our journey.
We are currently looking for several iOS Developers to strengthen our teams. You will join a kick-ass cross-functional team (client and backend development, QA, UI/UX, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. As our new iOS Developer, you will join either the Viaplay Engineering or Product organization – depending on your interests and expertise.
As the Viaplay team consists of both teams and competence guilds, you will work closely with a bunch of talented developers in multiple disciplines. The product teams deliver on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. The engineering teams, on the other hand, make sure that we are up to date with the latest tech and work towards our mission to make it fast and easy to innovate and experiment on our mobile platforms. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse!
The journey ahead
In the last year, we have brought Viaplay to Iceland, the Baltics, Poland, the US and will go live in the Netherlands and UK in 2022. By the end of 2023, we will be live in 16 countries. You will work within an expanding organization that strives for excellence by taking responsibility and pitching in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team. We truly believe in the power of working together – where every team member has their own area of expertise but is open to learning new things, working on multiple technical platforms and lending a fresh pair of eyes to help their neighbor solve a problem. We would also like you to push forward internal development by sharing knowledge and keeping on top of the latest technologies. We take pride in being an inventive company and use bleeding edge technology where test driven development and continuous deployments are central in the deployment process. We do our best to create a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home and we hope that you will too.
What we are looking for
To be a fit for our current needs, we believe you are working as a Mobile Developer with a focus on iOS development. Although this role would include development of both our iOS and tvOS apps, tvOS experience is not required and you will be supported by our Apple developer community. If you also have experience working on other technical platforms, such as Android, Web, Backend etc., we would be blown away.
Ideal candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Broad experience in developing customer-focused iOS app using Swift
- A relevant degree or an equivalent level of work experience
- Solid experience of working in an agile environment.
- Experience working on apps that are live in App Store
- Dedication to CI, automation and other efficient workflow-oriented practices
- Dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience in Objective-C
- Experience with Fastlane
- Experience with tvOS
- Have used or tried out modern Apple Frameworks, e.g. Structured Concurrency, Combine or SwiftUI
What we offer you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics and beyond. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are
- A hybrid and flexible work model to make it able to work part-time remotely.
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, pair programming and mob programming.
- An innovative environment with hackdays two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Hit Play on your career!
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’).