With ambitions to grow Viaplay to even more markets, we are now looking for an experienced User Researcher to help lead the way and to shape the Viaplay experience of the future. At Viaplay Group, we are passionate about developing products people love and particularly about bringing captivating experiences to our customers.
Fun facts about us: We develop our whole product in-house and use methods like Product Discovery to make sure we create products that our customer loves. We offer a creative environment with a focus on the ongoing development and execution of a product aspiring to be at the forefront of digital user experience. We work on a great variety of platforms, have a strong design process focus integrated with the development process, and work closely with our users through needs mapping, feedback, and testing. Our ambition is to be the best company to work for in the digital industry. We constantly strive towards building strong, collaborative teams, and creating an inspiring work environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the user-centered design research within the Product Area Retention. The Product area consists of five product teams with established missions contributing to increased customer satisfaction and lifetime. As a User Researcher you report to the Head of Product Area and collaborate closely with all teams while in their product discovery phase.
You are expected to run all sorts of user research depending on challenge at hand. To do this, we believe have a wide toolkit of qualitative research methods which you are able to decisively apply depending on the problem space at hand. As a User Researcher for the product area, you will also be coaching other team members who work closely with research. You also work closely with a Product Analyst to combine the quant & qual data into actionable insights and with the researchers in other Product Areas to improve processes and align findings.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Inspire our cross-functional teams to facilitate their own research and coach them along the way
- Working with both data-driven insights and user insights to help drive product decisions
- Conduct all parts of the user research studies; incl recruitment, collecting data, analysis and reporting
- Work with user journey analysis, usability studies, user interviews, behavioral analysis, and assist in planning for A/B testing
- Facilitate user research for multiple platforms, such as iOS, Android, web, and big screens
- Work closely with development teams, Product Managers, other Researchers, Product Analysts and designers to ensure maximum value to customers; both short and long term
- Together with other researchers in Viaplay, work to improve efficiency of gathering user feedback and behavior
What we are looking for
We are looking for a User Researcher who is passionate about pushing the boundaries, has a solid experience of working combining qualitative and quantitative data. You are passionate about customers’ needs and have a strong understanding of the product development process and the value of working in a data- and insight driven manner.
We believe you are a great communicator and want to be a part of a fun team working to transform the streaming experience for our customers. You enjoy mixing qualitative and quantitative insights and engaging with relevant and actionable insights. We also believe that you are self-organized and proactive as a person and don’t mind finding your own ways to reach your goals.
Successful candidates probably have the following experience:
- Previous experience working together with product teams and understand the iterative processes to continuously improve the experience for users
- Experience working with both data-driven insights and user insights to help drive design and business decisions
- Broad knowledge of different types of user research methods
- Ability to advocate for users and their needs within the organization
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, developers and other stakeholders
- Experience with leading user research projects for products on multiple platforms, and with a good understanding of best practices and UX guidelines (such as iOS, Android, web, and big screens)
- Has an educational background in psychology, anthropology, sociology, human computer interaction, or a deep experience in implementing user research in product organizations
- A good attitude, sense of humor, and ability to work humbly with others in a creative environment
- Experience from working with research and discovery in an iterative way where insights are generated continuously
What we offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams
- A chance to be part of a growth journey as we expand to numerous new markets over the upcoming years
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and other competence building activities
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours, and parental leave pay lift
Hit Play on your career!
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Hugo Dahlqvist.