At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best talents to join us on our journey.
As a Frontend Developer at Viaplay, you will work with the web solutions for our Smart TV platforms. This means developing some of the most used platforms within Viaplay, and you will work together with other highly motivated developers to build robust and well-structured services for the Viaplay technical platform. You will build web-based interfaces and applications and contribute to our platforms, APIs and libraries. There is actual room to experiment and innovate in this role. Your work will be a part of Viaplay’s strategy to grow and continue to bring an innovative high-quality streaming service to our customers. Viaplay’s Smart TV web applications run native on a wide range of different devices, such as Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Philips Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, Playstation, PS3, PS4, Xbox One etc.
Our technical teams are friendly, welcoming, problem solving oriented and motivated. We take pride in being an inventive company and we use bleeding-edge technology. Test-driven development and continuous delivery is central to our deployment process. We feel our culture is modern with a friendly atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home and we hope that you will too.
You will join a cross-functional team (client and backend development, UI/UX, framework and product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. Viaplay today is one of the streaming platforms that reaches the most devices people use in the market and we aim to remain in that position even on new markets. You will be a big part in making sure we build flexible systems for supporting all devices with as little effort as possible, so if you want to be part of designing and implementing innovating solutions and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse!
What we are looking for
Ideal candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Experience creating responsive, device-agnostic interfaces via progressive enhancement
- Practical experience from MVC based frameworks and an architectural mindset
- Team member with a enthusiasm to unit testing, code review, and other quality-oriented practices
- Enthusiasm for Agile software development
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience of back-end development using Node.js
- Experience of working with Smart TV applications
We offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and creative decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- We build everything in-house with latest technologies.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, demos, mentorship program and guilds teams.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Hit play on your career!
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Hanan Nur
Viaplay Group is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.