At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best people to join us on our journey.
If this sounds like a challenge you’re interested in, we’re now looking for a Developer Experience Engineer to strengthen the team in our office in Stockholm.
As a Developer Experience Engineer working with the Developer Experience (Dev Ex) Team you will be part of creating an environment of continuous learning and a workplace that enables developers to be productive, solve complex problems, and contribute to the success of Viaplay. You will play a key part in improving our ability expand the development organization as we take on various new challenges that come with new locations, new markets, and user growth.
The journey ahead
The Dev Ex Team is the key driver to create an environment that supports innovation, as well as identifying areas of improvements that helps developers engage with the community and become productive in their day-to-day work. The team works in close collaboration with Engineering Platform Teams, guilds, and Engineering Managers to make improvements that will make collaboration easier and seamless. The team also provides support and facilitation of developer onboarding activities, as well as other activities across the organization that promote learning and networking.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Dev Ex Engineer who can draw on their experience working within different teams and organizations and understand how to identify patterns that promotes a great developer experience in a bigger system. The ideal candidate has experience managing software development teams or leading larger initiatives, has a deep understanding of modern development practices and tools, knows how to establish team objectives that are aligned to business goals, and is a process pro that can organize and disseminate info, as well as is comfortable making decisions.
Main responsibilities include:
- Collaboratively identify challenges and develop solutions to improve the overall developer experience and productivity across the Viaplay organization
- Work with senior developers within various teams and product areas to iteratively improve team expectations on the developer experience
- Together with Engineering Platform Teams bridge the gaps between our current solutions and where we need to be to reach our goals
- Within the Dev Ex team curate, prioritize, and work on a backlog of actionable stories for identified areas of improvement
- Serve as subject-matter expert for the organization and provide support to implement developer experience best practices
What we offer you
- Unlimited access to our full Viaplay product including live sports, movie rentals, series, channels and more.
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack-days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours as well as remote work, and parental leave pay lift.
We are a company that prioritises people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at Viaplay Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV or Linkedin (Cover Letter optional) through our career page. We do not accept applications through email. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter.