At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We're now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we're looking for the best talents to join us on our journey.
In this role, you will help port our Viaplay app so it runs on Roku devices. There is a lot of room to experiment and innovate in this role. Your work is part of Viaplay's strategy to grow and continue to bring an innovative high-quality streaming service to our customers. Viaplay's applications already run native on a wide range of devices and platforms, and we are now looking to expand our portfolio with a new platform - Roku.
Our technical teams are friendly, welcoming, problem solving oriented and motivated. We take pride in being an inventive company and we use bleeding-edge technology. Test-driven development and continuous delivery is central to our deployment process. We feel our culture is modern, with a friendly atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home, and we hope that you will too!
You will join a team working closely with our partners to deliver engineering solutions aligned with our technical and product long-term vision, that enable our application to run on new and existing partner devices.
Viaplay today is one of the streaming platforms that reaches the most devices people use in the market, and we aim to remain in that position even on new markets. You will play a big part in making sure we build and fine tune flexible systems for supporting new platforms and devices with as little effort as possible.
What we are looking for:
- Solid experience developing professional Streaming Service front ends on Roku devices
- Knowledge of BrightScript and SceneGraph + best practices
- Experience in releasing and maintaining a Roku application
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH)
- Experience in embedded device app development
- Solid understanding of best practices and design patterns
- Experience working in collaborative, Agile environment
- Good communication skills in English
We offer you:
- Freedom to try out new things and creative decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, demos, mentorship program and guilds teams.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Hit play on your career!
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter, Sonam Baldota.
Viaplay Group is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you're selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group is the Nordic region's leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.