At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We're now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we're looking for the best talents to join us on our journey.
We are now looking for a Technical Procurement Specialist to join our team. Join our journey to become the European streaming champion – send us your application today!
We have exciting times ahead of us! In the position as Technical Procurement Specialist you will be facing an ever changing reality where no day is like another. You will be reporting to the VP of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing and be involved in everything related to procurement across the product, data and technology function. The current Team consists of the VP of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing, a Technical Procurement Specialist and a Data Protection Manager.
Some of your daily tasks would be:
- Identify and screen potential and existing suppliers based on project requirements, technical needs, security risks and compliance. This includes acquisition of both software, hardware and services.
- Participate in and execute overall Procurement Product Management activities to secure coordination in terms of cost, quality and risk management.
- Act as a point of contact between Viaplay and suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with suppliers.
- Negotiate partnership agreements.
- Work closely with our legal and finance department to ensure contract terms are correct and favourable.
- Contribute to RFP/RFI processes by defining target price and influence all functions to get a proper agreement for procurement bid input.
- Coordinate procurement across the technical organisation to optimise and streamline.
The journey ahead
We have high ambitions and are looking forward to an exciting journey in 2022 with continued expansion of Viaplay and a lot of other projects ahead. We need to scale our technical procurement function in order meet the needs of today as well as the demands of tomorrow.
This is a chance to make a real impact within the world of streaming and on-demand content. You will work together with passionate people across different teams towards new challenges, new ways of thinking and new successes. You will get the opportunity to influence both your own work as well as the team’s delivery.
What we are looking for
To be our next colleague, we believe you are currently working with technical procurement of either software or hardware in a fast-paced environment or have previous experience from doing so. You are used to work independently and thrive in taking on different responsibilities. If you on top of that enjoy communicating with multiple stakeholders internally and externally – you will fit right in!
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Experience in technical procurement and negotiation.
- Experience in working with partnership agreements
- Solid experience working with contract management with the ability to translate technical needs into legal requirements.
- Broad technical knowledge and interest in the latest technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in both internal and external stakeholder management.
- As a person you are careful, persistent and goal oriented.
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience in working on the supplier side, with experience of selling and designing offers to customers.
- Experience from working in a procurement department in a related field.
- Experience from a similar technical environment.
- Experience in having ownership of the entire procurement flow.
We offer you:
We are a company that prioritises people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at Viaplay Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at Viaplay Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energising beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our Viaplay Group values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
It’s time to hit play
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter through our career page. We do not accept applications through email. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter Sonam Baldota.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’)