At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best people to join us on our journey.
If this sounds like a challenge you’re interested in, we’re now looking for a Head of Corporate Compliance to strengthen the team in our office in Stockholm for a temporary cover during 12 months, starting in September.
In your role as Head of Corporate Compliance you will act as contact person for Viaplay Group regarding issues of corporate compliance and business ethics to ensure that Viaplay Group’s business decisions are in line with legal requirements and responsible business conduct.
The Head of Corporate Compliance is part of the Corporate Affairs Function and reports to the VP Regulatory, Public Affairs & Corporate Compliance. In this role you will work together with several functions across the group such as senior management and teams within Legal, People & Culture, Sustainability, Internal Audit and Corporate Communications.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring a culture of business ethics throughout the entire organisation by advising, educating and supporting the business on a daily basis
- Maintaining and implementing Viaplay Group’s Business Ethics Programme and internal processes & routines related to corporate compliance and participate in relevant working groups
- Maintaining and updating the Group’s Steering Document Framework (consisting of Codes of Conduct, Group Policies & Directives) as well as other guidelines and routines within corporate compliance
- Monitor adherence to the internal corporate compliance framework and identify areas of Ethics & Compliance risks and propose processes to reduce/mitigate such risks
- Manage and develop effective training programs and awareness raising activities (e-learnings, face-to-face workshops etc.) to all employees
- Encourage a speak-up culture and manage the Group’s Whistleblowing processes to ensure availability of channels as well as alignment with the EU Whistle-blower Directive
- Provide guidance regarding conflicts of interest if such are suspected in a business transaction
- Manage the Group’s Gift & Hospitality Register and communication about this register to all employees
- Ensure that suppliers and other business partners and third parties are subject to appropriate risk assessment including sanctions and anti-corruption due diligence and provide advice regarding related impacts
- Conduct, maintain and continually develop the Group’s Supplier & Business Partner Due Diligence process together with the Sustainability team
- Monitor new & revised applicable corporate compliance regulations
- Ensure periodic reporting to Executive Management, Board and Audit Committee to inform about compliance risks and progress made in the implementation and running of the compliance programme
What we are looking for
- For this position we would like you to have an academic degree within law and at least 5 years of professional experience
- Experience from a similar position within corporate compliance, either from working inhouse, or with a regulatory body and/or a law firm on compliance matters is not a requirement but would be a benefit
- Used to close interactions with a variety of stakeholders, including senior management
- Ability to plan and implement cross-functional policy implementation, review, education and communication programmes
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Business minded with excellent communication skills
What we offer you
We are a company that prioritises people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at Viaplay Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at Viaplay Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energising beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our Viaplay values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
It’s time to hit play
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter through our career page. We do not accept applications through email.
During the summer here at Viaplay Group, the majority of our employees are taking some time off for some well-deserved summer break, and we hope you're too. Due to this, it might take a little bit longer for us to get back to you. We do however promise that we'll do the best that we can to make sure you will hear from us as soon as possible.
Viaplay Group is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’)