At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best people to join us on our journey.
You will join a team of well versed, forward-thinking and humorous Engineering Managers, and together you will create the best place to work in the Nordic tech market!
Our product development process is built around by autonomous cross-functional teams. The day-to-day work is directed by a Product Manager who owns the backlog and focuses on the product initiatives. Your role as Engineering Manager will be to supervise and coach a couple of our Viaplay Product teams, encourage personal and professional growth and make our co-workers feel motivated, appreciated and listened to. We are, in other words, looking for an Engineering Manager to focus on people management rather than technical management.
Fun facts about us: we develop our whole product in-house in our office at Ringvägen 52 with a flexible work environment. We use methods like Product Discovery to make sure we create products that our customers appreciate. We work with the latest technology and believe in putting innovation in the heart of things in order to create the best possible streaming product out there. We are investing a lot in our culture and our vision is to create and maintain an environment where everyone can relax, be themselves and grow. Join us today and be part of transforming the world of entertainment!
The journey ahead
With expansion in mind, we are a growing organisation hiring both locally and globally. Our organisation went through a change in our way of working about two years ago; from technical platform teams to autonomous cross-functional product teams. This journey has provided us with loads of learning and opportunities. We are currently finding our optimal way of working. Some of your work would be about:
- Apply a servant leadership mindset to grow motivated teams.
- Support client- and backend developers as well as experts within user behavior tracking and experiments (A/B testing) reporting to you through coaching and mentoring and creating opportunities for them to grow.
- Work closely to a couple of agile product teams with a customer-first mindset, to guide them in continuous improvement and team dynamics.
- Be responsible for staffing and recruitment for your teams.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to set a direction for your teams.
- Work across the product and engineering organisation together with other Engineering Managers to increase autonomy and improve ways of working.
- Wary about employee well-being.
What we are looking for
To be our new Engineering Manager, we believe that you are an experienced leader in the technology industry. You thrive in daily interactions with your teams and like to find new ways to do your job in an even better way. If you also, just like us, like to have fun at work and share energy - we might have a match!
Ideal candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Experience from supervising roles in an expanding tech organisation.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring people and teams.
- Knowledgeable about product development and a user-centric approach.
- Solid experience of working in an agile environment.
- Previously worked with people from different backgrounds and prerequisites - and find it inspiring.
- You are a practitioner of systems thinking and curious about getting a deeper perspective on how things influence each other in a system.
- You have a local knowledge and experience of recruitment
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience from the media industry.
- Experience from knowledge-sharing patterns and practices in a product organisation.
What we offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, demos, mentorship program and guilds.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the team coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with beneficial insurances, health care plan, meal vouchers, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, hybrid model, flexible remuneration and more!
Hit play on your career
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.