At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best people to join us on our journey.
If this sounds like a challenge you’re interested in, we’re now looking for a Financial Controller to strengthen the team in our office in Stockholm.
In this role, your main responsibility is to oversee the finalization and reporting of the month-end figures. You work proactively in ensuring high quality and compliance in the month-end reporting, using financial analysis to evaluate financial performance and by suggesting improvements based on previous month-end closings. You will play a key role in ensuring high-quality financial control and compliance with both internal control processes as well as external guidelines and directives.
Acting as the main point of contact at the SSC towards the organization, you work proactively to deliver great value to the stakeholders. You will also engage in various finance- and accounting projects to further develop financial processes and other capabilities to meet the needs of the organization.
As Financial Controller, your responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Have an overall view and understanding of the financial figures from a legal reporting perspective.
- Lead the period end closing and reporting in Dynamics 365 as well as the Group reporting in Cognos Controller for the assigned legal entity.
- Proactively perform financial analysis from a legal compliance perspective to evaluate financial performance and recommend adjustments prior to the reporting occasion.
- Support management and other stakeholders with reports and ad hoc tasks.
- Prepare material related to statutory reporting to the auditors.
- Make accruals and perform other month-end closing or general accounting tasks.
- Review account reconciliations, report VAT and Social fees to the Tax authority, and prepare income tax returns.
- Make sure that internal control frameworks are implemented and taken into consideration when making changes.
- Have in-depth knowledge of IFRS (for the legal companies) and K3 reporting standards as well as keeping track of any changes or updates.
- Make sure that the Group and SSC guidelines, instructions and policies are followed.
- Actively support the organization in administrative processes.
- Proactively engage in- and redefine processes in collaboration with Process
- Owners, Super Users and Management.
- Ensure company success by transparent reporting & communication, cross-product cooperation and acting in accordance with company values and regulations.
- Be familiar with, and comply with Viaplay Group Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistleblower Policy and the Information/IT Security policy.
- Attend training and on own initiative develop relevant knowledge and skills.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a person with a can-do attitude, who is solution- and process-oriented. You are curious, open and driven to improve and find new, more efficient ways of working, while also having great analytical skills and value teamwork. Having an ability to manage several stakeholders and tasks simultaneously in a collaborative and structured manner will be your key to succeed in this role.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree within Finance, Accounting or similar.
- Have 2+ years of previous relevant work experience from financial controlling, auditing, accounting or similar.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience from working with external and internal reporting.
- Experience in period-end closing processes.
- Good grasp of external regulations and internal control compliance.
- Problem-solving attitude and hands-on approach with high energy and work ethics.
- Self-driven and results-oriented.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Excel and an avid BI-system user.
- Strong verbal and written skills in both English and Swedish.
- Experience from Microsoft Dynamics 365 and/or Cognos.
- Experience working with Power BI
- Experience working with improvements of financial processes.
What we offer you
We are a company that prioritizes people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at Viaplay Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at Viaplay Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energizing beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our Viaplay values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
It’s time to hit play
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter through our career page. We do not accept applications through email.
Viaplay Group is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’)