At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Cloud Developer in our Barcelona office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
We are now looking for a Senior Cloud Developer to maintain and improve our existing Cloud Platform -- MSP. Your work will ensure the continued availability of our European API platform as we scale across more markets.
As part of the MSP team you will be working with the MSP Cloud Platform which allows developers to create infrastructure-as-code for hosting applications in AWS. MSP is also a micro-service platform used for hosting over 250 different services and serving over 5+ million subscribers in 10 different markets and growing. You will be imperative in the continued reliability of this platform whilst we explore new ways to scale across the planet.
The journey ahead
With your experience you will help our internal teams host, scale, and provide value to our end viewers. Some of your daily challenges will include:
- Interacting with teams, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on their needs
- Ensuring the continued market expansion to reach more customers
- Driving improvements to customer experience and platform performance
- Identifying, analysing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities
What we are looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Excellent problem solver
- Diligent investigator
- Team collaboration
- 1-2+ years of Professional Cloud experience
- Deep understanding of AWS Solutions (Especially VPC, IAM, SSO, Lambda, EC2, ELB, S3, R53, ACM, AWS CLI, and Cloudformation)
- Some experience in Python
- Knowledgeable in Infrastructure as Code
It’s a bonus if you have:
- AWS Certifications
- DNS understanding
- Proven experience scaling cloud platforms
- Github Actions or relevant CICD products
- Microsoft Azure AD
- A can-do attitude, sense of humor and the ability to work humbly with others
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but as our markets are expanding beyond that, so is our organization. With our brand new Tech hub based in Barcelona we aim to focus on R&D activities and innovative ways to expand our streaming service to new markets. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture.
Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and make decisions in an autonomous team
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the Stockholm office coming from different backgrounds.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- An attractive offer with beneficial insurances, health care plan, meal vouchers, +30 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, hybrid model, flexible remuneration and more!
This recruitment process is carried out together with an external recruitment company Page Personnel.