At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international streaming challenger. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Full Stack Developer in our Stockholm office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
You will be a part of the Engineering team in Technical Operations Center (TOC). The team consists of six super friendly and skilled developers. Their mission is to build solutions that help the Technical Operations Agents in their daily work and to reduce incident resolution time as well as proactively prevent them across the platform. This includes everything from automation, tooling, security, observability and monitoring.
Since the TOC Engineering team has a broad area of responsibilities, we have split the team in smaller focus groups: Tooling & Automation, Observability and Security. We are right now in the need of someone that can work mainly with Tooling & Automation, but if there is interest and need it will be possible to also work within Observability and Security.
Main responsibilities within tooling and automation:
- Automate manual processes of TOC agents by designing, developing and maintaining services to improve their efficiency.
- Collaborate with TOC Agents and the developer community to improve our product resilience and reliability.
- Responsible of training and educate Agents and other teams in tools and services built by TOC Engineering team.
- Support team members in their daily tasks and development.
- Be a part of and contribute to daily stand ups, refinements and retros.
- Be a part of guilds and contribute to knowledge sharing and development across the developer community.
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- 2-5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with front-end development, preferably React and Vue
- Running services on AWS using containers on EC2/ECS, Lambda functions, DynamoDB and more
- Draw architectural diagrams, write guides and documentation
- Design and implement solutions end-to-end across teams
- Experience with source code and binary repositories, build tools and pipelines such as Git, GitHub Actions, CI/CD and Artifactory
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in pair programming
- Used to give and receive code reviews
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with Python
- Experience in AWS Cloud Formation and/or Terraform
- Experience working with logs, tracing and metric systems, preferably Open Telemetry and Splunk/SignalFx.
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements that fully support hybrid set ups and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full healthcare coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.