At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international streaming challenger. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for an iOS developer in our Stockholm office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
We are currently looking for an iOS Developer to strengthen our navigation and inspiration team. The navigation team is set up as a cross-functional team with Backend Developers and Platform Developers (Android, iOS, Web & Big screen). The team's mission is to improve the navigation and inspire the customer to find new content. The team is autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals.
As the Viaplay team consists of both teams and competence guilds, you will work closely with a bunch of talented developers in multiple disciplines. The product teams deliver clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. The engineering teams, on the other hand, make sure that we are up to date with the latest tech and work towards our mission to make it fast and easy to innovate and experiment on our mobile platforms. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse!
An iOS developer at Viaplay works with modern Apple Frameworks, such as Structured Concurrency, Combine and SwiftUI. Does this sound like fun? Maybe we are a match!
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Experience in developing customer-focused iOS app using Swift
- A relevant degree or an equivalent level of work experience
- Solid experience of working in an agile environment.
- Dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices
- A can-do attitude, sense of humor and the ability to work humbly with others.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with tvOS
- Experience working on apps that are live in App Store
- Dedication to CI, automation and other efficient workflow-oriented practices
- We’ve got the basics covered! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV or updated Linkedin. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.