At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international entertainment provider. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best talents to join us on our journey.
As a Software Engineer (Node.js) you will join a cross-functional team and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers clear goals based on our customer journey and user patterns, and is fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals.
The positions we recruit for are in different teams, where slightly different skills may come to use. We are looking to fill them with funny, clever, teamworking, and open-minded software engineers. If you think you fit that description, continue reading!
The journey ahead
In the last year and a half, we have brought Viaplay to Iceland, the Baltic States, Poland, the US, the Netherlands and the UK. By the end of 2023, we will be live in 16 countries, which means that we have many challenges to achieve. We are also creating a new and vibrant hub in Barcelona that will allow us to grow in the coming years. Do not miss the opportunity to join us and be part of this adventure together with other brave colleagues.
What we are looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Building solid and high-performing micro-services in Node.js.
- Microservice/Serverless architecture.
- Good understanding of REST APIs.
- Understanding of test- or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD) including. supporting frameworks.
- Experience in developing services in AWS.
- An interest and motivation to work with modern frameworks.
Each of our teams has different approaches and uses different technology therefore some experience in other areas or languages will be valuable.
- Understanding about working with a state-less and highly transactional end-user product.
- Interest in some modern frontend frameworks, such as React.js.
- Knowledge of working with PHP to rewrite some of our projects.
- Experience working with Java to migrate to newer technologies.
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but as our markets are expanding beyond that, so is our organization. With our brand new Tech hub based in Barcelona, we aim to focus on R&D activities and innovative ways to expand our streaming service to new markets. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content, and culture.
Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- An attractive offer with beneficial insurance, health care plan, meal vouchers, +30 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, a hybrid model, flexible remuneration, and more!
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and make decisions in an autonomous team.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the Stockholm office coming from different backgrounds.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
This recruitment process is carried out together with an external recruitment company Page Personnel.