At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Smart TV Developer in our Barcelona office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
Viaplay today is one of the streaming platforms that reaches the most devices people use in the market, and we aim to remain in that position even on new markets. You will play a big part in making sure we build and fine tune flexible systems for supporting all devices with as little effort as possible.
You will join our team working closely with our partners to deliver engineering solutions aligned with our technical and product long-term vision, that enables Viaplay to run on new and existing partner devices globally.
Our teams take pride in being an innovative, friendly and we use bleeding-edge technology. Test-driven development and continuous delivery are central to our deployment process. We feel our culture is modern, with a friendly atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home, and we hope that you will too!
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of best practices and pattern usage (e.g. MVC, modular application development, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing complex, scalable architectural solutions, while optimizing for performance and memory use
- You enjoy working in an agile environment and contribute cross teams and to our partners
- You are curious to learn new techniques and skills
- You love to share your knowledge, ideas and help team member
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with streaming application deployment on Smart TVs, Gaming Consoles and Set Top Boxes.
- Previous experience working within a media company
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but as our markets are expanding beyond that, so is our organization. With our brand new Tech hub based in Barcelona we aim to focus on R&D activities and innovative ways to expand our streaming service to new markets. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture.
Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and make decisions in an autonomous team
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the Stockholm office coming from different backgrounds.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- An attractive offer with beneficial insurances, health care plan, meal vouchers, +30 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, hybrid model, flexible remuneration and more!
This recruitment process is carried out together with an external recruitment company Page Personnel.