At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a DevOps Engineer in our Stockholm office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
As a DevOps Engineer, you will join the agile Viaplay product organization and everyday work with the leading streaming service and media distribution platform in the Nordics. You will be part of a mission-driven, autonomous team that focuses on core functionality within media and metadata handling. Our platform is currently transitioning to a Kubernetes focused microservice architecture. We are hosted both on AWS and Open Stack. If you are a real tech-savvy person like us, you’ll fit right in!
What we’re looking for
We believe you are currently working as a Cloud Developer, DevOps Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer with relevant experience. You are a problem solver at heart with an active interest in tech evangelism and quick to find solutions. You thrive in a team environment and collaborating on solutions. To fit in this role, we believe it is important to be curious by nature and that you not only work with tech but also see it as a craftsmanship.
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Solid problem-solving skills in cloud environment.
- Experience from working with AWS in production.
- Programming experience in python or java with an interest in micro service orchestration patterns.
- You show enthusiasm for continuous integration and continuous deployment, automation and other efficient workflow-oriented practices.
- Understanding of microservice architecture.
- Infrastructure as code mindset.
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in English.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- AWS certifications in a relative field.
- Container management experience, like ECS or EKS.
- Cloud deployment and configuration management tools, e.g., CloudFormation, Chef or Terraform.
- A can-do attitude, sense of humor and the ability to work humbly with others.
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements that fully support hybrid set ups and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full healthcare coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.