At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for an Organizational Developer in our Stockholm office –are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
As an Organizational Developer you will be part of a diverse, talented and forward-thinking group of humorous leaders that are all working to create the best place to work in the Nordic tech market. You will be working in a small team of coaches that will collect signals from the organization, make sense of them, and drive meaningful change.
We believe that you are passionate about unlocking the potential in organizations, teams and individuals to reach ever higher levels of productivity, meaning and well-being. We know that there is no single way to do this and are always looking for new ways and ideas to learn about our organization, but here are some thoughts:
As an Organizational Developer, you will have a lot of freedom to shape the way you work so we also think that you have strategies to be effective in a varied and exploratory environment. You might be naturally comfortable with uncertainty and complexity, or you might be adept at taming it by creating structures to guide you and your colleagues in navigating it. We think that you have a knack for seeing the big picture, thinking in systems and can make new connections in trying to make sense of a dynamic and ever-changing organization.
Viaplay is driven by autonomous and cross-functional product teams. The day-to-day work in the teams is led by a Product Manager who owns the backlog and focuses on the product initiatives making sure we are working on what is most valuable to our customers. In addition, there are Engineering Managers who manage and coach the teams, drive personal and professional growth and make our co-workers feel happy, appreciated, and engaged. As an Organizational Developer, you will work closely with both Product Managers and Engineering Managers to drive improvements in our organizational structure and processes.
We use methods like Product Discovery to make sure we create products that our customer loves. We work with cutting-edge technology and believe in putting innovation in the heart of things to create the best possible streaming product out there. We are investing a lot in our culture and our ambition is to create and maintain an environment where everyone can relax, be themselves, grow, and be challenged. Join us today and help us transform the world of entertainment!
What we are looking for:
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Driving continuous improvement culture on an inter-team and inter-departmental system level in an IT or Software Development organization.
- Facilitating learning, development, and continuous improvement through coaching individuals and groups in all levels of the organization.
- Finding, exploring and diagnosing organizational phenomena and driving the transformation of undesirable patterns into something more productive.
- Evangelizing agile and lean methodologies, and applying them pragmatically to the organization’s unique context and situation.
- Coaching individuals to help them move forward in their work and development.
It’s a bonus if you have:
We recognize that the paths leading up to practicing organizational development are varied, and value that diversity of experience in our group. We would therefore value if you have prior experience of organizational development as a formal part of your role, or having gained the knowledge as part of another role. For example:
- Experience of working with Agile Coaching – facilitating teams, stakeholders to find new ways to collaborate and communicate effectively in order to enable a fast-moving and adaptable organization.
- Experience of working Product Coaching – having guided Product Manager/Owners in improving their craft and maximizing their impact for their customers and for the organization.
- Experience of working with Enterprise Architecture – supporting an organization’s strategic direction by aligning people, process and technology decisions.
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.