At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international entertainment provider.
As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best people to join us on our journey.
If this sounds like a challenge you’re interested in, we’re now looking for a Backend Developer with Interest in Testing to strengthen the team in our office in Stockholm.
Some of your task will include:
- Define, implement, and analyse metrics to resolve test effectiveness and the overall quality of software.
- Help define and design the future of test setup on Viaplay products and systems with the evolvement of our new system architecture.
- Develop and design new tools or evaluate existing tools on the market that can contribute to the success of our quality work and coach our developers along the journey.
- Help evaluate our existing test plans and test cases, work together with teams or developer guilds on strategies of how to bring their quality work to the next level.
- Ensure Viaplay products and systems are tested at the appropriate level (unit, component, integration, end to end), reducing unnecessary test cases, intermittent failures, and decreasing execution time.
- Research, share, recommend, and drive adoption of new technologies, standard methodologies, and trends related to software quality work.
- Help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, planning, and post-mortems.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated developer with solid application development skills as well as enthusiasm for software quality. You have not only worked as a backend developer or a full stack developer before, but also have knowledge of various test automation setups, willing and feel comfortable to work with testing in a wide range of technical stacks e.g. micro services and serverless, web apps, native mobile apps, tv apps. Passionate about software quality? Come and join us!
Ideal candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Solid experience in programming languages like Node.js, Python.
- Experience in developing micro-service systems in AWS. Having hands-on experience on popular AWS services e.g. EC2, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis etc.
- Experience of testing applications in a micro-service architect.
- Understanding of best practises e.g. test- or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD). Have experience of using various test automation frameworks. Have experience of addressing some of the following challenges in test, e.g. flaky tests, test environment, test data management, test double.
- Experience of working with Docker containers, and CI/CD pipelines, preferably Github Actions and AWS CodeBuild/CodePipeline.
- Experience of working with some modern frontend frameworks, such as React.js
- Experience of testing serverless applications in AWS.
- Testing experience in non-functional requirements, e.g. scalability, availability, reliability, security etc.
What we offer you
We are a company that prioritizes people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at Viaplay Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at Viaplay Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energizing beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our Viaplay values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
It’s time to hit play
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter through our career page. We do not accept applications through email.
Viaplay Group is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’)