Viaplay Group is the international entertainment provider. Our Viaplay streaming service is available direct-to-consumer in every Nordic and Baltic country, Poland, the Netherlands, and the UK (launched in November 2022) with over 6m subscribers, and we are expanding rapidly by launching in the US and Canada in 2023. Every day, millions of customers, enjoy our unique entertainment offering, including acclaimed Viaplay Originals, over 10,000 hours of US and European content of all genres, and an unrivalled line-up of premium live sports. In addition, our innovative Viaplay Select branded content concept makes Viaplay's compelling storytelling available to partners around the world. From streaming to TV channels, radio stations and production companies, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
About Viaplay Originals
At least 70 Viaplay-produced titles are set to premiere in 2022. Upcoming series and films include ‘Furia’ season two; ‘Rebus’; ‘Human to Human’; ‘Sex Dreams Love’; ‘Veronika’; ‘In the Name of Love’; ‘The Street Where I Live’; ‘My Fault’; ‘Call Me Dad’; ‘The Beach Hotel’; ‘Roombeek’; ‘Listen Up!’; ‘End of Summer’; ‘R.I.P. Henry’; ‘Thunder in My Heart’ season two; ‘Live Life’; ‘Little Did I Know’; ‘It Could Have Been Us’; ‘Threesome’ season two; ‘R.S.V.P.’; ‘The Fortress’; ‘The Hunt for Jasper S.’; ‘Liv Ullmann: The Road Less Travelled’; ‘Those Who Kill’ season three; ‘Face to Face’ season three; ‘The Meaning of Life’; ‘Something Stupid’; ‘The Guilty’; ‘Stockholm Bloodbath’; ‘Delete Me’ season two; ‘Gold Run’; ‘North Sea Connection’; ‘Limbo’; ‘Litvinenko’; ‘Karma and Jonar’; ‘Ronja’; ‘The Uninhabitable Earth’; ‘Murderesses’; ‘Pørni’ season three; ‘Hilma’; a biopic of Börje Salming; and ‘The Swarm’.
We are setting expanding distribution of Viaplay in North America and are looking for VP, Consumer Sales, US & Canada to strengthen the North America, Viaplay Select and global content distribution team and drive subscriber growth for US and Canada.
The journey ahead
At Viaplay Group, we’re passionate about developing products people love and bringing captivating experiences to our customers. We are currently in the middle of an exciting expansion journey to bring Viaplay to customers in more European countries, North America and Canada. If you want to be part of shaping the future of streaming, we offer an exciting role in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Viaplay will be launching in the US and Canada, a Series and Movie content offering focused on Nordic series and movies, including the majority of its Viaplay Original series and movies, as well as acquired mainly Nordic content.
Viaplay has soft launched in the US and is currently available through Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex service. Viaplay will soon be launched as a premium service on The Roku Channel and on Roku’s channel store. The direct-to-consumer app will be launched in the US end of February and in Canada in April 2023.
As the VP, Consumer Sales, US & Canada, you will be responsible for generating subscriber growth in the US and Canada.
You will be driving the direct to consumer business planning, set the commercial priorities and ensure alignment across functions. Your key stakeholders will be Marketing, Messaging, Partnership, Product, Customer Experience, Content. You will be creating and executing strategic plans for subscriber acquisition mostly based on digital performance marketing and new and sustained revenue generation through subscription sales direct to consumer as well as through b2c promotional partnerships. You will also be hands-on in developing, testing, and executing customer acquisition and retention initiatives in the market and working closely with marketing for digital /performance marketing initiatives.
This opportunity will be right for someone with a growth mindset, fast decision maker on balancing the most efficient routes to customer acquisition. You should have experience from performance marketing or a commercial role working with digital customer acquisition and retention initiatives.
You will be reporting to the EVP, Chief Commercial Officer, North America and Viaplay Select.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building and optimising D2C customer acquisition plans together with marketing, content, customer experience, and internal stakeholders.
- Overseeing and delivering on growth targets
- Owning the direct to consumer subscriber growth and balance
- Forecasting subscriber growth for budget reviews
- Analysing and reporting on performance data focused on continuous improvement, optimisation and innovation in relevant markets.
- Identify and create partnerships for product bundles or other promotional offers that will push the Viaplay subscription growth including with institutions, stores, and other business for creating promotional offers and activation of subscriptions on their customers base
What we are looking for
To succeed in this role, we expect you to have:
- Previous experience on launch and growth of direct-to-consumer sales of an SVOD streaming platform in the US
- A strategic thinker with a proven track record in consumer sales in SVOD streaming platforms
- Demonstrable experience of nurturing sales in successful, fast growth consumer brands.
- Experience in the U.S market
- Analysing and reporting on performance data focused on continuous improvement, optimisation and innovation in relevant markets
- Ensure company success by transparent reporting & communication, cross product cooperation and acting in accordance with company values and regulations
- A person with the ability to lead people even if they are not directly reporting to him/her (e.g. marketing executives with the responsibility to deliver for this and other parts of the organisation); i.e. with successful background in cross functional work.
What we offer you
We are a company that prioritizes people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at Viaplay Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at Viaplay Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energising beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our Viaplay values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
It’s time to hit play
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter through our career page. We do not accept applications through email.
Viaplay Group is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’)