Data Warehouse Developer
At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Data Warehouse Developer in our Stockholm office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
As data warehouse developer you will be responsible for the maintenance, development and enhancement of the data warehouse (reporting platform) to meet Viaplay business analysis and reporting needs
You will provide solutions, responses and when needed escalate issues to other team members in the IT Finance team.
You will also be instrumental in the expansion of the data warehouse to include more information to enhance our analytics capabilities. Your key responsibilities will include;
- Maintain, develop and enhance data warehouse solution.
- Responsible for technical architecture build on azure components.
- Be able to work independently and coordinate with stakeholders
- Manage prioritizations and technical roadmap
- Manage external resources
- Take an active role in the expansion of the data warehouse.
- Deliver Service and support to our internal business users by trouble shooting, finding solutions, and answering technical questions for issues related to the data warehouse.
- Administrate and document solution
- Gathering of business requirements and creating architectural design.
- Carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis.
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Relevant bachelor's degree from University.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of developing data warehouse.
- Experience from development using azure components such as Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure data lake and API-integrations.
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? or ! We’re only ever a few clicks away.
- Product, Data & Tech
- Stockholm, Sweden
Data Warehouse Developer
Loading application form
Already working at Viaplay Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.