The journey of becoming the European streaming champion is underway. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, radio networks, TV, and production companies. The Viaplay service has been live for more than a year in our new international markets, while we are already the leading streaming and entertainment provider in the Nordic region. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives, and expanding worlds – from premium live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. At Viaplay Group we are vibrant, upbeat, and passionate and encourage our people to step out of the box with fresh ideas to stay ahead of the rest.
The Continental Europe & Baltics team expands with a Consumer Sales Manager with focus the Dutch Market, along with our rapid business growth. You will play a pivotal part in positioning and growing the Viaplay Direct-To-Consumer business. This role reports to the VP Consumer Sales, responsible for achieving the ambitious D2C targets in Poland, the Netherlands and across the Baltics.
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The journey ahead
At Viaplay Group, we are passionate about developing products people love and bringing captivating experiences to our customers. If you want to be part of shaping the future of streaming, we offer an exciting role in a fun and fast-paced environment. This is a unique opportunity to sell the unique Viaplay portfolio combining premium sports rights such as Formula 1, KSW and the English Premier League, exclusive Viaplay Originals and other strong films and series titles.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor the competitor landscape and identify gaps and opportunities.
- Gather and share market potential insights, market and customers insights and learnings with other stakeholders
- Lead the localization of the commercial D2C strategy, the quarterly and monthly plan in Continental Europe & Baltics
- Identify new growth opportunities to foster customer acquisition, retention and re-activation
- Initiate and lead new commercial initiatives in collaboration with other functions (Business development, Marketing and PR, Sports, and Content and Programming).
- Plan and propose new initiatives to improve conversion and customer value across the customer lifecycle.
What we are looking for
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have a strong drive, are an organized and self-driven person who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a target-driven fast learner with a highly entrepreneurial and data-driven mindset. You have a genuine interest in, and strong knowledge about sports, series, and films.
To be a successful candidate you:
- Are results-oriented and have a solid knowledge of digital marketing and e-commerce, focused on direct-to-consumer.
- Have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
- Possess strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints.
- Share our passion and genuine knowledge in sports and/or films and series.
- Experience with marketing growth strategies in a digital subscription or e-commerce environment.
- International experience and/or experience in launching brands and/or products or services in new territories.
- Have a solid overall understanding and knowledge of the Dutch market.
What we offer you
We are a company that prioritises people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at Viaplay Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at Viaplay Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energising beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our Viaplay values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
It’s time to hit play
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter through our career page. We do not accept applications through email.
Viaplay Group is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’)