At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Frontend Developer-Smart TV in our Stockholm office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
Viaplay today is one of the streaming platforms that reaches the most devices people use in the market, and we aim to remain in that position even on new markets. You will play a big part in making sure we build and fine tune flexible systems for supporting all devices with as little effort as possible.
You will join this Engineering team working closely with our Product teams to deliver engineering solutions aligned with our technical and product long-term vision, that enables Viaplay to run smoothly on new and existing partner devices globally.
Our teams take pride in being an innovative, friendly, and we use bleeding-edge technology. Test-driven development and continuous delivery are central to our deployment process. We feel our culture is modern, with a friendly atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home, and we hope that you will too!
What we are looking for:
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others, and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have some experience in the following:
- Experience designing and implementing complex, scalable architectural solutions, while optimizing for performance and developer experience
- Good understanding of software development best practices and modern patterns for building UI (e.g., component-based approach, reactivity, etc.)
- You are curious to learn new technologies and skills
- You love to share your knowledge, ideas and help team member
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with streaming application deployment on Smart TVs, Gaming Consoles and Set-Top Boxes.
- Previous experience working within a media company
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? or ! We’re only ever a few clicks away.