At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels, and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and are on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Facility Manager based in our Amsterdam office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
As Facility Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operation, maintenance, and management of a building or facility. This can include tasks such as overseeing building maintenance, managing budgets and finances, coordinating events and activities, and ensuring that the facility meets all safety and regulatory requirements.
This position will be handling offices in the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, and co-working in the US. To be able to manage the facilities in several countries, some travel will occur.
You will be:
- implementing policies, procedures, and programs to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the facility
- managing budgets and finances, including preparing and tracking budgets, monitoring expenses, procuring facility-related products and services, and making recommendations for cost savings.
- overseeing the maintenance and repair of the facility, including coordinating with vendors and contractors, and ensuring that all equipment and systems are in good working order
- ensuring the safety and security of the facility, including conducting regular inspections, implementing emergency response plans
- coordinating events and activities, including scheduling meetings and events, arranging for catering and other services, and managing logistics
- managing outsourced personnel, training, and providing guidance and support
- building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, including tenants, employees, vendors, and local authorities.
What we're looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
You are a person who understands Facility Management & Facility Maintenance, you are responsive and listen to the business needs. You contribute proactively with solutions, are structured and process-oriented, strategic and hands-on, thinks both big and small can make a difference, and are cost-conscious.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience in Facility Management
- Experienced Project Leader
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Experience in establishing new offices
- Knowledge of procurement process, category management
- Additional language skills
We are a company that prioritises people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at Viaplay Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at Viaplay Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energising beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our Viaplay Group values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position. Applications are handled ongoing. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure your application is included in the process.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.