At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international streaming challenger. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best people to join us on our journey.
Viaplay’s high ambition to grow in new territories requires a dedicated team that is agile, nimble, and fast! In the UK we work with sports rights like UEFA Euro and World Cup Qualifiers, Scottish Football Cups, URC Rugby and La Liga, as well as great movies and series based in our Nordic heritage. We’re now looking for a Business Development Manager to strengthen the team, working from our office in London.
The journey ahead
Viaplay is an unknown brand and player in our new territories, hence it requires dedicated people to build trust and credibility in the market and with partners. As new territories need more focus and understanding of business culture and market trends for Viaplay, our UK team is taking the lead to make the right decisions and become successful. This is an opportunity for someone who is eager to develop within a streaming business and be a part of our Viaplay expansion.
As part of the Business Development team, you will play a key role in advancing Viaplay in the UK. In this role you will work closely together with the Vice President Business Development to develop and drive the commercial strategy and business development for the UK market. You will support the Vice President Business Development and the wider Viaplay UK leadership team with e.g., analysis, reporting, advice, and presentations to maximize commercial outcomes. This can, for example, mean supporting our Partnerships team in negotiation processes with distribution partners, or to help our Consumer Sales team to map out the competitive landscape in the territory or take on new and exciting business development projects designed to improve our business in the UK.
- Consult with key stakeholders to determine business objectives and success factors.
- Conduct business analysis and research to identify key metrics and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide weekly performance reports to guide short- and medium-term decision making.
- Project lead operational and strategic initiatives to maximize cross functional outcome.
- Identify and assess viability of new business opportunities, including risks and return on investment potential and business partnerships.
- Develop business plans for achieving desired business outcomes and results.
- Provide ongoing advice to the Viaplay UK team to ensure success in their business areas.
- The job may include some travel.
What we are looking for
We believe that you are a goal-striving, yet humble person who sees the greater good in every little task. You have a curious mind and self-driven personality who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ideally you are both analytical and extrovert!
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, business management, finance or similar.
- Background working with business development, commercial strategy or as a management consultant.
- Analytical and structured, with strong communication skills.
- A target-driven, highly entrepreneurial and innovative, and data-driven mindset.
- Strong grasp of business fundamentals, including finance, marketing, economics, operations, strategy, tech, and organizational psychology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Experience from BI tools like Tableau
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience from digital products/services.
- Experience from subscription-based business models.
- Share the passion and knowledge in UK sports.
We’ve got you covered! 25 days of paid vacation every year, summer hours, an attractive pension scheme, private medical insurance, and generous maternity/paternity leave.
Your wellbeing matters. We provide you with various wellbeing initiatives, and flexible work arrangements with our hybrid work model.
A safe space to grow and up-skill. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative may be driven by our Product, Data & Tech department, but we know inspiration can strike anytime, anywhere, so everyone’s encouraged to participate after consulting their manager.
A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. That’s why you can count on a free Viaplay subscription to keep up with all the latest series and movies as well!
It’s time to hit play
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter through our career page. We do not accept applications through email.
Viaplay Group is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.