At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for an interim Head of Corporate Compliance in our Stockholm office for a temporary cover for 12 months, starting as soon as possible – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
In your role as Head of Corporate Compliance you will act as contact person for Viaplay Group regarding issues of corporate compliance and business ethics to ensure that Viaplay Group’s business decisions are in line with legal requirements and responsible business conduct.
The Head of Corporate Compliance is part of the Legal Function and reports to the VP Group Corporate Legal. In this role you will work together with several functions across the group such as senior management and teams within Legal, People & Sustainability, Internal Audit and Corporate Communications.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring a culture of business ethics throughout the entire organisation by advising, educating and supporting the business on a daily basis.
- Maintaining and implementing Viaplay Group’s Business Ethics Programme and internal processes & routines related to corporate compliance and participate in relevant working groups.
- Maintaining and updating the Group’s Steering Document Framework (consisting of Codes of Conduct, Group Policies & Directives) as well as other guidelines and routines within corporate compliance.
- Monitor adherence to the internal corporate compliance framework and identify areas of Ethics & Compliance risks and propose processes to reduce/mitigate such risks.
- Manage and develop effective training programs and awareness raising activities (e-learnings, face-to-face workshops etc.) to all employees.
- Encourage a speak-up culture and manage the Group’s Whistleblowing processes to ensure availability of channels as well as alignment with the EU Whistle-blower Directive.
- Provide guidance regarding conflicts of interest if such are suspected in a business transaction.
- Manage the Group’s Gift & Hospitality Register and communication about this register to all employees.
- Ensure that suppliers and other business partners and third parties are subject to appropriate risk assessment including sanctions and anti-corruption due diligence and provide advice regarding related impacts.
- Conduct, maintain and continually develop the Group’s Supplier & Business Partner Due Diligence process together with the Sustainability team.
- Monitor new & revised applicable corporate compliance regulations.
- Ensure periodic reporting to Executive Management, Board and Audit Committee to inform about compliance risks and progress made in the implementation and running of the compliance programme.
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- For this position we would like you to have an academic degree within law and at least 5 years of professional experience.
- Experience from a similar position within corporate compliance, either from working inhouse, or with a regulatory body and/or a law firm on compliance matters is not a requirement but would be a benefit.
- Used to close interactions with a variety of stakeholders, including senior management.
- Ability to plan and implement cross-functional policy implementation, review, education and communication programmes.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Business minded with excellent communication skills.
- Your wellbeing matters. We provide you with wellness contribution and flexible work arrangements with our hybrid work model.
- We’ve got you covered! 30 days of paid vacation every year, pension scheme, insurance scheme with health care coverage if you should need it and of course also a parental pay uplift.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative may be driven by our Product, Data & Tech department, but we know inspiration can strike anytime, anywhere, so everyone’s encouraged to participate after consulting their manager.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. That’s why you can count on a free Viaplay subscription to keep up with all the latest series and movies as well!
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.