DevOps Engineer - Observability
At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international streaming challenger. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a DevOps Engineer within Observability to our Stockholm office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
You will be part of the Engineering team in the Technical Operations Center (TOC). Our mission is to build solutions and tooling that help Viaplay Group and the 24/7 Technical Operations Center strategically and in the daily work to reduce incident resolution time as well as proactively prevent them across our platform and services. Today eight skilled engineers and great team players with individual crafting specialties are running the show and we need you to strengthen us within Observability Engineering.
The TOC Engineering team has a broad area of responsibilities, and we currently have a set up with smaller focus groups, Tooling & Automation, Observability and Security. We are right now in need of someone that can drive and mainly work end-to-end with development and engineering within Observability.
You will have a key role in setting up infrastructure which enables our stakeholders to have insights in our platform’s capacity, health and performance. As part of our mission, you will support in promoting adoption of observability tooling. You will:
- Design and build an observability infrastructure across teams.
- Educate and lead efforts to improve observability across teams.
- Design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies to enforce application SLOs.
- Build tools and design processes that help improve observability and system resiliency.
- Set up dashboards, alerts, detectors that reflect the system's capacity to provide high quality and secure customer experience.
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Working with observability tooling, such as OpenTelemetry, Vector, Prometheus, Jaeger, Grafana, ELK and/or Splunk.
- Infrastructure as code, such as Terraform or Troposphere/CloudFormation.
- Cloud infrastructure using any of the big providers, such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Drawing architectural diagrams, guides and documentation to share across teams.
- Experience with source code and binary repositories using git.
And you are a problem solver at heart who thrives in a collaborative environment. We also believe that you are a communicative individual.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Development skills in compiled programming languages such as Go.
- Experience with Linux internals, containers and shell scripting.
- Cloud infrastructure at scale with AWS using container orchestration, serverless functions, roles, databases, queues, and data streams (or other equivalent cloud experience).
- Automated continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines using GitHub Actions or similar.
- Designing and implementing solutions end-to-end across teams.
- Pair programming & giving and receiving code reviews.
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full healthcare coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.
- Product, Data & Tech
- Stockholm, Sweden
DevOps Engineer - Observability
Loading application form
Already working at Viaplay Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.