At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production companies. From live sports and films to music and our own original shows, our purpose is to tell stories, touch lives and expand worlds. We’re now launching our Viaplay streaming service in a wide range of new markets and aiming to become the international entertainment provider. As a Nordic company with a global perspective and clear values, we’re looking for the best talents to join us on our journey.
As an iOS developer you will join a cross-functional team and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers clear goals based on our customer journey and user patterns and is fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals.
The journey ahead
In the last year and a half, we have brought Viaplay to Iceland, the Baltic States, Poland, the US, the Netherlands, the UK and the US. By the end of 2023, we will be live in 16 countries, which means that we have many challenges to achieve. We are also creating a new and vibrant hub in Barcelona that will allow us to grow in the coming years. Do not miss the opportunity to join us and be part of this adventure together with other brave colleagues.
What we are looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
Ideal candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Familiar and comfortable programming with more than one programming language.
- Coding and debugging skills, especially with Swift/Objective-C.
- Metrics driven and wants to drive improvements in app performance and quality.
- Not afraid to challenge existing solutions and rebuild whenever needed.
- Familiarity with one or more languages/platforms: Node.js, Rust, Java/Kotlin.
- Understand the Linux OS, its kernel and file system.
- A can-do attitude, sense of humor and the ability to work humbly with others.
What we offer you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but as our markets are expanding beyond that, so is our organization. With our brand new Tech hub based in Barcelona, we aim to focus on R&D activities and innovative ways to expand our streaming service to new markets. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content, and culture.
Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- An attractive offer with beneficial insurance, health care plan, meal vouchers, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, a hybrid model, flexible remuneration, and more!
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and make decisions in an autonomous team.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the Stockholm office coming from different backgrounds.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
Hit play on your career
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.
- Product, Data & Tech
- Barcelona, Spain
Loading application form
Already working at Viaplay Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.