General Secretary - BEAT Diabetes Foundation
Over 1 million people live with Diabetes in the Nordic region and it’s one of our times biggest endemic diseases. Viaplay Group started their long-term engagement in the fight against diabetes already 2017 with the ambition to increase awareness about diabetes and to collect important funding’s for research. The fight against diabetes has since then escalated and in March 2020 Viaplay Group funded Beat Diabetes Foundation.
Beat Diabetes Foundation (Stiftelsen Beat Diabetes) now operates as an independent foundation with the mission and passion to lead the fight against diabetes. This is done through technology that enables new ideas & innovation, promotion of active ways of living and addressing stigma and exclusion around diabetes. We believe in everyone´s right to have quality of life, independent of individual challenges and we promote a healthy lifestyle.
We aim that everything we do is characterized by diversity and we believe that several perspectives broaden our ability to continue achieving our goals. Beat Diabetes Foundation is now looking for a General Secretary in our office in Stockholm to strengthen our efforts in the Nordic region.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled General Secretary to join the BEAT Diabetes Foundation. As an independent entity with a pan-Nordic approach, we aim to respond to the global diabetes challenge by driving positive change in the areas of Health Tech, Healthy Lifestyles & Wellbeing and Inclusion & Awareness.
As the General Secretary, you will play a key role in executing and following up on the strategic directions set by the board. You will report to the Chair of the board and ensure that the board is onboard with all matters related to the foundation.
The journey ahead
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and securing funding and partnerships to drive the foundations mission, activities, and events. You will work closely with the board to develop and deliver a strategic plan and roadmap in line with the foundations mission, ensuring it’s approved by the board.
You will manage the planning and delivery of the activities and events approved by the board, exercising financial control and budgetary management of the foundation.
You as a General Secretary will also play an important role as the spokesperson and ambassador for the foundation, you will drive the foundation’s agenda and strategy, raising awareness and creating strategies and activities to increase awareness of Beat Diabetes Foundation in all Nordic countries. You will advise the board on all aspects of the foundations strategic development and participate in board meetings, being responsible for the meeting structure, planning, preparation, agenda, and documentation.
What we are looking for
Our next General Secretary should also meet the following qualifications:
- Passion and for the mission of Beat Diabetes Foundation and drive to make a positive impact in the fight against diabetes
- Degree in a relevant field such as business administration, marketing, public relations or other related field. A Masters’s degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in strategic planning, fundraising, partnership development and event management
- Strong financial management skills, including experience in budget planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to represent the foundation in public settings
- Experience in leading a team and working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders
- Strategic thinker and proactive problem solver who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in working with Nordic countries and fluence in one or more Nordic languages is a plus
- Insight in the media industry and the process for TV and Radio productions
- A close relation to type-1 or type-2 diabetes, either yourself or a relative
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.
- People & Sustainability
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
General Secretary - BEAT Diabetes Foundation
Loading application form
Already working at Viaplay Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.