At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Data Engineer in our Stockholm office.
As Data Engineer you will bring structured and secure data to the organization. You will belong to the the IT Finance group who’s focus is to enable financial transactions & analysis with secure integration of our solutions.
You will be the key driver of the development, enhancement and maintenance of our cloud based Data Warehouse built on Azure components. You will step directly into an exciting ongoing transformation of our way of handling internal data, we are building a new platform as foundation for data driven decisions.
As a company, we are currently in the middle of an exciting expansion journey. If you want to be part of shaping our future reporting platform, we offer and exciting role in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Some additional responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for technical architecture built on azure components.
- Be able to work independently and coordinate with stakeholders
- Manage prioritizations and technical roadmap
- Manage external resources
- Deliver Service and support to our internal business users by trouble shooting, finding solutions, and answering technical questions for issues related to the data warehouse.
- Gathering of business requirements and creating architectural design.
- Carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis.
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Relevant bachelor's degree from University.
- 3 years of experience of developing data warehouse.
- Experience from development using azure components such as Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure data lake and API-integrations.
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.
- Product, Data & Tech
- Stockholm, Sweden
Loading application form
Already working at Viaplay Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.