At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds. This Production Assistant – Freelance role will be working with us for 1 year.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Production Assistant - Freelance in our London office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Weekly versioning sessions preparing material for air using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Ensuring legal clearance of promos for on-air use and according to technical standards.
- Liaising closely with colleagues in the local marketing teams to ensure optimal quality and delivery and helping with day-to-day marketing requests.
- Liaising closely with scheduling to ensure on air dates are met with the correct versions.
- Music reporting for promos ingested.
- Operational implementation of seasonal looks.
- Translating promo scripts and directing voice over artists on VO sessions.
- Housekeeping and admin for the relevant channel/s, e.g., archiving and filing clean promos and scripts.
Additional work and responsibilities as a result of increase in workload:
- Creating and checking documents related to carting, brand, and marketing deliverables.
- Liaising with both Marketing and Brand, to ensure all deliverables are aligned with approved brand guidelines.
- QC of order forms and ensuring that any corrections are made across all relevant assets.
- Audio QC, and liaising with audio engineers to request any corrections needed – particularly on large Viaplay campaigns.
- Managing delivery codes that were previously provided by marketing/coordinators - TVC and radio delivery codes (Peach, Nielsen).
- Training and supporting new employees outside the PA team.
- Producers – export pre-sets, script templates and music info, how to book audio mixing and GFX, what deliverables are needed for different orders.
- Channel planners – how to use order form correctly, what deliverables are needed for various campaigns, distributing carting guidelines.
- Market leads – how to use order form correctly, info on carting, distributing brand guidelines.
- Specific for FTV: manage adhoc requests from channel planners. This includes not only managing deadlines as outlined above, but also QC’ing versioning orders and branding decisions, and correcting any errors in the order form. PA’s are the main point-of-contact for their channel, and coordinate everything beyond the producer allocation for orders on their channel.
What we’re looking for Consultant/Freelancer
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Adobe Suite, specifically Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- An interest in Film and TV.
- Understanding of a Nordic languages is an advantage or (Polish, Dutch, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian)
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.
- London, UK
Loading application form
Already working at Viaplay Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.