At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international streaming challenger. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for an Android Developer in our Stockholm office.
As an Android developer, you will join Viaplay with the mission to further develop and maintain our mobile apps, keep them best-in-class and the main entry point to Viaplay. You’ll be involved in the whole development lifecycle (definition, development, maintenance, etc.) and everyday work will consist of development, design, complexity assessment, test and deployment and much more. We clearly believe that being on the edge of things when it comes to technology is crucial, always keeping ourselves up to date and constantly questioning the status quo.
You will join a cross-functional team (client and backend development, UI/UX, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, If you are excited about great audio- and video quality – and want to bring that to our millions of customers - as well as working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - This is the role for you!
What we are looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. In order to thrive in this role, we believe you are currently working as an Android Developer and have a few years of experience building native mobile apps. We also believe that you have experience in the following:
- Solid experience solving complex problems on Android platforms.
- Experience from building apps that are live on Google Play.
- Experience with modern Android development (Kotlin, Jetpack libraries)
- Commitment to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices.
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Commitment to CI, automation and other efficient workflow-oriented practices.
- Experience working with Android TV or the Leanback library.
- Experience from media, streaming or advertisement
What we offer you
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, every year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.
- Product, Data & Tech
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Loading application form
Already working at Viaplay Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.