At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We’re looking for the best people to join us on our journey. Right now, we’re searching for a Legal Counsel /Senior Legal Counsel to our Stockholm or Oslo offices. The position is a parental leave cover during the period end of May 2024 until end of June 2025, with a possible extension until August 2025. Are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
Viaplay’s team of lawyers work cross border to service Viaplay’s business
teams. You will be acting as a business partner primarily to Viaplay´s Commercial and Marketing teams, but also the Ad sale teams and Distribution/Partnership teams.
You will work close to the business, advising on legal risk management
and developing effective risk mitigation strategies. You will report to VP Legal SE & FI.
Your primary responsibility will be to:
- Advise stakeholders on matters pertaining to marketing and consumer legislation and Viaplay’s terms & conditions, across all countries where the Viaplay service is available.
- Draft and negotiate material contracts (e.g. SVOD/channel
distribution, ad sale, partnerships etc.) and support the business
in implementing and managing such contracts.
- Coordinate with peers in the legal team around contract
guidelines and directives.
- Build and develop business self-service structures through
training, contract templates, checklists etc.
- Develop and manage structures and processes to share area
specific legal and other relevant knowledge with peers in legal
team to help develop, and capture, team know-how.
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- Master of Law (or equivalent) degree from any of the Nordic countries.
- Experience (between 5-8 years) working with consumer- and marketing law as well as commercial contracts, as an in-house counsel at an international company, and/or at a reputable business law firm.
- It’s considered extra merit if the candidate has possessed a similar role within the broadcast/streaming industry and thus is familiar with the market landscape and corresponding terminology.
- Fluent in English and also either Swedish or Norwegian.
- Business and solution oriented and great relationship builder, able to create trust for the legal department in the business, and to deliver pragmatic and actionable legal advice to people at all levels.
- A can-do attitude, sense of humor and the ability to work humbly with others.
We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our offices!
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.