At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international entertainment provider. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and are on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Product Analyst for our Barcelona office – are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
The roleAs a Product Analyst, you will join Viaplay with the mission to shape the future of entertainment by further enhancing our data-driven product development process and providing the product development teams with insights. You will do so to help drive both long and short- term product decisions within the Product Area: Sustainable Growth. The Product area consists of three product teams with established missions contributing to increased customer satisfaction and lifetime on our new and coming International markets. The Viaplay product teams work cross-functional, autonomous and agile, and we are constantly striving to improve our product, technology and the way we do things.
Our process is iterative and by providing insights along the way, we make sure to maximize value to our customers. While you will study user behaviour to extract actionable insights that help inform decisions across the business and identify focus areas for development, your everyday work will vary a lot.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Analyse customer behaviour data by writing advanced SQL queries to extract relevant data from large scale data sources, then transform the data into insight-ready form.
- Perform data analysis using languages like R and Python on subsets to surface customer level and aggregate patterns
- Formulate hypotheses, experiment designs (e.g. A/A calibration, A/B test, ignorability tests), power calculations, and other randomized trial considerations.
- Closely collaborate with data scientist and engineers, to excel efficiency and share insights.
- Specify and guide the developers to implement tracking in a structured manner
- Visualize and track patterns in the data using Business Intelligence tools like Tableau / Quicksight
What we’re looking for
You are naturally curious and passionate about digital products. With excellent analytical skills and a customer-centric approach, you love making sense of and structure data. You build your own structure with ease, are results-oriented and can work independently on an operational level. You are detail oriented, and willing to adapt and learn. As you will be at the heart of things, your communication skills will be essential to succeed in this role as you will act as an enabler for change.
- Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent background/skills
- 3+ years working experience in a relevant field
- Experience working with large complex time series datasets
- Solid SQL, R and / or Python / Scala experience
- Previous experience working with CRO and a growth mindset
- Experience with Tracking
- Excellent communication skills (written and visual reports, dashboards, and presentations)
It’s a bonus if you:
- Experience with split.io or similar
- Experience with the Spark Framework
- Previous experience working together with cross-functional product teams
- Experience in media or streaming
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but as our markets are expanding beyond that, so is our organization. With our brand new Tech hub based in Barcelona we aim to focus on R&D activities and innovative ways to expand our streaming service to new markets and users. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content, and culture.Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements, beneficial insurances, health care plan, meal vouchers, flexible remuneration and more!
Your well being matters. We have an attractive compensation package with health care coverage should you need them.
A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off – plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
- Product, Data & Tech
- Barcelona, Spain
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Loading application form
Already working at Viaplay Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.