We are seeking a talented Frontend Developer Big screen to join our new Player Experience Team in the Barcelona office. If you are passionate about creating immersive and user-friendly interfaces for media streaming applications, we want to hear from you!
As a Frontend developer for Player Experience, you will join Viaplay with the mission to further develop and maintain our platform with a focus on developing and improving our player experience on TV. You are dedicated making sure our customers have a pleasant and smooth experience while playing content from our Viaplay library.
You’ll be involved in the whole development lifecycle and everyday work may consist of development, solution design, complexity assessment, as well as test and deployment for the Player Framework, and Viaplay apps & software.
You will join a new Player Experience team and with your peers, you will be developing solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals, but collaboration with other teams is key. We optimize for the whole of Viaplay and not for the team.
If you are also social and keen on having fun together in our office and outside after work hours, we are a match!
What we’re looking for
We think you’re an experienced Frontend Developer and mainly we are looking for someone with their expertise within TV, but at the same time someone that is open and willing to learn and work in other technical domains. If you have experience working on streaming and player experience, we would be blown away. We would also like you to push forward internal development by sharing knowledge and keeping on top of the latest technologies.
- Design and implement intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces for media streaming applications.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to bring design concepts to life, ensuring a seamless and engaging player experience.
- Implement interactive features and controls within the media player interface, enhancing user engagement during content playback.
- Optimize frontend code for performance, responsiveness, and cross-device compatibility to deliver a consistent experience on various platforms.
- Contribute to the development of cutting-edge features that elevate the overall player experience, including seamless content transitions and advanced playback controls.
- Collaborate with backend developers to integrate APIs, ensuring smooth communication between the frontend and server-side components.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain high code quality standards.
Ideal candidate also meets all or some of the qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Frontend Developer
- Experience in designing and implementing user interfaces for media streaming applications or video players.
- Understanding of responsive design principles and the ability to create device-agnostic interfaces that adapt to various screen sizes.
- Collaboration skills to work effectively with backend developers, streaming engineers, UI/UX designers and others.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail in optimizing frontend code for performance.
Good to have qualifications:
- Experience in Html 5 player and/ or Shaka Player
- Familiarity with media player frameworks and adaptive streaming technologies.
- Knowledge of video encoding/decoding, streaming protocols (MPEG-DASH, HLS), and video playback optimization.
- Knowledge around Chromecast
- Knowledge of content protection
- Our HQ is in Stockholm, but as our markets are expanding beyond that, so is our organization. With our Tech hub based in Barcelona we aim to focus on R&D activities and innovative ways to improve our streaming service. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content, and culture.
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and make decisions in an autonomous team.
- An attractive offer with beneficial insurance, health care plan, meal vouchers, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, hybrid model, flexible remuneration and more!
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days once a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here – you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page or follow us on Instagram! We’re only ever a few clicks away.